Friday, February 06, 2009

Good bye smelly rented furniture, hope to never see you again!

The smelly rented furniture and other items of that nature are finally on their way to being the sore spots of someone else's decor. No more India-inspired, gold and burgundy dining room chairs. No more couches that have more different colors on them than I care to count, and most importantly no more bed with a very likely bedbug infestation. Good bye to itchy bites. Yes, I will drink to that later today as I'm hanging out with the most awesomest, coolest South Africanos to date. 

Who would have thought that people would actually open their home to us bedless folks, while the pest guy attempts to rid us of the aforementioned bedbug-problem. Thank you from the bottom of our heart guys! You are the greatest. Virtual hug.   

Our own stuff is set to arrive on Monday. Happy to be expanding my wardrobe, yet fearful of what has been broken, and what has been stolen this time around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your site through Expat-blog.com. I am an American Expat living in the Philippines. I enjoy reading about other Expats from and living in different countries.

I enjoyed your writing style with a sense of humor, which I think we all need living as an Expat.

I hope you will visit my site and comment, if you like about anything you find interesting.