Monday, December 14, 2009

Seriously?

In the past few days (okay, a month intermittently, but a few days sounds more efficient) I have been going through the clothes and shoes I own.

I'm not certain why.

Perhaps because in not so many days I'll really, truly be in my thirties as opposed to thirty, or because we're expecting that slew of house guests any day now and I've come to the realization that to pass this place off as remotely home-y and/or cozy I should probably unpack (What? We've only been here a year and a half? What's the rush?), or because my ever so slightly more controlled guzzling of vino (so that my si-sis can keep her liver in one piece a while longer) has seen the pounds come off (had it been beer, I would have effectively been on the 'man diet'), or because I was procrastinating with a certain photo-job that I'm now desperately bringing to a close as the deadline looms uncomfortably and I find myself wishing I could take half of the photos over with a polarizing filter. And someone else's skills.

To tell you the truth, I don't have any idea why.

But I do know one thing.

I'm one lucky woman.

Behold.

The outfit I wore when I met el Grande Vikingo (a.k.a. the Hubs) for the first time ever:



Yes, those are glued on sequins on pink animal print, and that is indeed pfleather. And no, I was never employed as a stripper or one of those coyote-ugly chicks. I wore that of my own free will. I did. In fact, I done brought it in that outfit.

Yah.

And we wont even mention the freakishly big woolen sweater that covered half of my face that I was wearing the second time that I met the big V. Or the giant Mickey Mouse T-shirt I insisted on wearing to bed the night I moved in with him (also known as the third time ever I met him) that I'd purchased as a souvenir from Disney World in 1994. Silver lining to that shirt is, I see it now, that I was unable to locate the matching silk boxers.

Thank Z for missing silk boxers. Those might have been the tipping point.

9 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

ha ha ha ha, sorry. ha ha ha

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Sweet Jesus. Thank you for just totally making my day. I lurve you. :) You're so funny and just so....you.

Carola said...

Greetings from Italy

Cwybrow said...

My husband occasionally likes to point out that when we met (last year of high school, and NO, we didn't date back then) I wore painted-on jeans with combat boots and a sweater about eight sizes too big (well, that was the smallest size they had)... and refused to wear school polo shirts because they were tentlike. The things we do and STILL they love us...

Sameera said...

Oh my God! Thats ghastly :)

molly said...

i'm going thru the same thing, and have a post half written about it, as well. i own a very similar outfit and while i see these old outfits as windows into the past, my husband sees them as 'things to donate!'
what will you do with it now?

kristina said...

OMG. that is bad. baaad. I'm so glad he saw past the clothes... ;-)

julochka said...

i'm afraid that the question that looms large here is WHY THE HELL DO YOU STILL HAVE IT AND WHY ARE YOU CARTING IT ALL OVER THE GLOBE? throw it away woman. your eventual children, should they ever manifest themselves (not that i think they should) will not want it. i promise you.

julochka said...

i had to come back and comment again because i couldn't get this outfit out of my head. i actually think you probably quite fetching in it, but i'm really worried about that thing you've got for hanging it on...it looks a bit like a museum display thing...you don't have it on display in your bedroom do you?