A poppy gearing up to bloom. Or a hairy man-eating plant finishing off with a stray napkin.
- The song of a nightingale plays in the parking basement of my favorite department store.
- The phone can be answered by "Morhmphbg".
- There are plenty of people who will understand a person's need and absolute want to dye their eyebrows and eyelashes. ASAP. NOW. Am whiter than white. It looks like I might have accidentally swallowed my eyebrows and then used my eyelashes to wash down the (miniscule) clump of white hair.
- No shortage of coffee. Ever. These people could survive the end of the world and still have enough coffee stowed away (possibly in their pants since it is the end of the world after all) to weather the beginnings of a new humankind.
- Peeps can be very nice. At least in the smaller towns. Of which there are several. In the near vicinity. cet - tee?!?! What does that mean?
- Very pale women wear all black, have black hair and black eyeshadow, and smile happily at me when I take their picture.
- Good-natured gossip is not dead: "And then these women from the capital didn't even know how to start a fire."
- If there is a moose on the road, you'll surely know from all of the on-coming cars flashing their lights. Every single one of them.
- A good, real mullet might not be dead and buried after all.
- The sun can flicker on the waves so that you can entertain yourself with taking pictures for days..
- Finns are okay with extreme makeovers. In the pouring rain, with wind and humidity up the wazoo. Because all that really matters is that your eyelashes are no longer transparent. Because you're going to blog camp. And you're already sort of chubby fat, and still want to rock the eyelashes... As always. Don't ever be ashamed!
- There are people who understand horribly bad and very iffy if the current global situation is taken into consideration bad golf jokes. Even if they stink (not the people, the jokes), and even if they are in the family (the people, not the jokes).
- Every single smell will take you back. Ar least ten years. Try a neighborhood burger. Life's hard.
Have an awesome weekend y'all.
I'm off with pals.