Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lazy things.

There are some unforeseen completely expected packing issues.

My stuff's fokken pulling a lazy.

It seems that none of the various items that I am attempting to take with me all the way to America, and will desperately need while I'm there, have made it into the suitcase or the backpack. They just sit around and do nothing, as if the open suitcase isn't even on the bedroom floor.

I have, however, been quite unexpectedly productive. I managed to find some time in my busy schedule of sitting to hit the mall and buy some jeans. I even tried on seven different pairs. I also bought three different kinds of hand wipes (they're light yellow and smell nice, and thus reminded me of Hubby), some all-important chutney, meat, and several bottles of Limited Release Catherine Marshall Pinot Noir 2007 that had been 'reduced to clear'.

You never pass up quality wine on sale.

Never.

Still, when the plane takes off tomorrow the jeans will be in the closet, the hand wipes on the kitchen counter (for the Hubby to wonder over when he returns home), and the wine in the cupboard. But the meat, and the chutney - they will surely make it into the luggage. The chutney is Mrs. Ball's chutney after all. And there's no having whatever one normally has with chutney (I don't think I've ever tasted chutney) with any other chutney. No way.

Mrs. Ball's. The name alone will keep me entertained for countless hours tomorrow, while I slip into a coma on the plane because my circulation is being cut off by the 17 inch seat.

Will he be sorry to see me go?

My talent for procrastination knows no limits.

15 comments:

julochka said...

michaelangelo was a great procrastinator and look what he did...

Chris Hoke said...

I concur. Once you've had a taste of Ball's, everything else just tastes funny.

What? What'd I say?

Sarah Anne said...

We can procrastinate together. That's actually why I'm up at 3 in the morning-finals tomorrow which I kind of didn't study for. Oops.

Breenuh said...

Your tags at the end are the best part of your posts! (Not that the rest isn't enticing as well.)

kristina said...

put some treats in the bag to lure your stuff to jump in, then close bag quickly!

ignominia said...

sooo, mmmm... why are you bringing meat to Arizona? Can you actually pass customs with meat in your suitcase? I think that all sorts of meat are prohibited together fresh fruit.. but I am sure you know that. Otherwise have fun with the little doggie they use to find all that tasty but "scary" foodstuff! Have a great trip and keep on posting!
slastero

Optimistic Pessimist said...

your procrastination techniques are stunning. keep up the good work. i think all your lazy things will put themselves in your suitcase at the last minute. they're just trying to call your bluff.

happy and safe traveling.

Fidgeting Gidget said...

I've never had chutney.

And procrastination is the best....those who do it live on the edge. Yeah, that's right. The edge.

Have fun in the U.S.! We're actually going to be in the same country for a couple days....weird.

ellen abbott said...

Your stuff is not lazy, it's just procrastinating.

Cyndy said...

Thank you sooo much for finally defining what the problem is with packing. I always thought it was me, but you are absolutely right. Those darn suitcase contents have all along been mocking me. Although mine don't hang out in the closet or on the countertops. Instead, they run off to take a spin in the laundry, lurk in the stores while hiding from my shopping list, camp out in the tiny unused cells of my brain as I try desperately to retrieve them and wonder what-is-it that I am forgetting.

wv: noturifi. I am not sure what it is, but I am absolutely sure that I am supposed to be packing it!

MyVintageCameras said...

Procrastination when packing is a talent I don't have. I'm usually pack a few days ahead of time, so I can see that I have too much and can repack.

Where are you going in America and why? If you will be in Denver let me know......

Anonymous said...

I so feel for you! That happens to me every time. Even though I have a whole day to pack it's still always midnight or early morning when it's all done...

You should start doing some visualization exercises: imagine a half empty plane or at least your row and no one sitting next to you. Btw, have you already checked in so that you can choose a seat you like?

Anyway, have a great trip to America my dear friend. And remember to take some awesome pictures for all of us to show!

kristine said...

I am having the exact same issue. how weird. my stuff is lazy too. blasted stuff.

have a safe trip!

Miss Footloose said...

Hope the meat makes it through US customs! Have a good time.

About packing: After having packed hundreds of suitcases hundreds of times I still don't know how to do it efficiently. Is there a gene for suitcase packing? A talent? Is there a course I can take? Please, somebody tell.

There was a time I was packing in Africa to leave for Europe in the winter and couldn't find my basic black wool skirt I couldn't live without. Had I left it somewhere else? In Holland at my mother's? In the US at my daughter's house? In a hotel god-knows-where I searched three continents for a skirt.

What a crazy life.

Miss Footloose
www.lifeintheexpatlane.blogspot.com

SkyeBlu said...

Yuuuuuup. Procrastination is the thief of time, and the human race is being mugged BAD.